20X, the UK’s number 1 staffing agency software comes with a number of features that help to make fundamentally positive impacts on care quality and safety and thus to achieve a favourable outlook from CQC inspectors.
- 20X has a robust and fully online/ app based staff registration system.
- The registration captures all relevant staff information including their qualifications/training, work experience, skills and specialities as well as full background checks.
- The app based system alerts the staff in real time to keep their registrations and compliance documents up to date and this is achieved through expiry warnings.
- Any staff failing to keep their compliance data up to date are automatically alerted to the agency management so they can deactivate them or take necessary action from within the system. Once a staff is deactivated they won’t be able to accept any new shifts until they fulfil their compliance requirements and make their account up to date.
- 20X staffing agency software alerts the management and staff members with upcoming training, DBS and Right To Work expiry dates to enable them to take proactive action before getting barred from the agency.
- The system has features in place to record any complaints and incidents received from a care provider where a staff member has worked and provides a full audit trail of activities about their shifts and employment.
- An agency can give permission to a care provider to give reviews and ratings for staff members. This acts as a good tool to encourage positive working attitude and hard work, at the same time notifying the agency about a poorly performing staff so the agency can take corrective action.
- 20X has a comprehensive set of reports for management information to take preventive and corrective actions. For example, 20X can provide a report for a particular staff member with all their reviews, admin notes and corrective actions taken to demonstrate the management process. It can also produce a full audit trail of activities, work history, document expiry etc for a particular staff member or even for the entire staff pool of the agency.
20X addresses the 5 Key Questions related to staff that CQC generally look into:
Are they safe?
The agency can put in place systems for background check for all their staff members and 20X makes it easy and mandatory. The staff background checks built into 20X make sure that the staff have a valid DBS, Right to Work and NMC (where applicable) as well as that they are qualified with adequate training and work experience.
Are they effective?
When it comes to effectiveness of care, CQC inspectors will look into: “Your care, treatment and support achieves good outcomes, helps you to maintain quality of life and is based on the best available evidence.” 20X has demonstrated that it adequately meets the effectiveness of the care provided through the staff by putting in place robust staff compliance procedures.
Are they caring?
“staff involve and treat you with compassion, kindness, dignity and respect.” is what CQC look for when it comes to caring. The 20X software has processes and tools made available for recruitment, interview and final staff selection for a staffing agency to make sure that they select and employ staff with adequate experience and have obtained references through the 20X system.
Are they responsive to people’s needs?
Services are organised so that they meet the needs of the care organisation and their service recipients- the residents. This can be achieved through a concerted effort of the agency management, the care organisation and the staff members and 20X helps in achieving this through their system wherever possible. There is a powerful feature in 20X where the system gives priority to staff members who have worked in a certain care home or hospital priority over others so continuity of care can be achieved.
Are they well-led?
CQC says “The leadership, management and governance of the organisation make sure it’s providing high-quality care that’s based around your individual needs, that it encourages learning and innovation, and that it promotes an open and fair culture.” The features of 20X helps in achieving this through a variety of in-built features. For example, the the admin user rights allow the Agency Management to create admin staff and allocate them just the right mix of duties for the concerned department while the senior management can focus on matters related to business. The very reason why an agency uses a robust agency management software is evidence to demonstrate that the management is well-led to provide overall high quality care and support.